Banner

Banner

Saturday, April 4, 2020

COVID-19: Week 1

So this is actually week 2. Week one was a whirlwind of brainstorming and creating content to move our kids church content completely online. It was a very full week, but it was so fun watching the team come together, get creative, and make things happen.

But this was week 1 under the "safer at home" protocols put in place by our Mayor. Here's a copy of the facebook post I wrote about this week:

This has been such a weird week. Writing it out here to remember our #COVIDdays and a new kind of #Thixtonadventures
1. Laundry room makeover was a fun, long-desired project (which means the rest of the house fell into complete disarray). This caused ZERO anxiety because nobody would be dropping by. #socialdistancing






2. I did venture out to Target to get some items for the makeover. I stood on a sticker in the checkout line to make sure I was 6' from the person in front of me (who was also standing on a sticker). The store was more quiet than I've ever heard it, and people still seem obsessed with toilet paper.

3. One of our chickens got sick. I had to take her behind the shed (where the kids couldn't see) and cull her. #neverdonethatbefore

4. Our backyard is basically one big mud hole where the kids played in the sprinkler for hours, two days in a row. #hellowaterbill #keptthemhappyandoutside #worthit

5. The weather is so beautiful. I have been popping allergy meds and braving the pollen. #cantresist #alsoworthit

6. I haven't put on makeup in 3 days. I also haven't looked in a mirror. #sorrykids #sorryhusband

7. In my mind, this is temporary - like only a week or so. It's taking a moment to wrap my brain around the kids being home until April 24. #orlonger

8. This week is one year since my Granddaddy went to be with Jesus. I miss him a lot. The world seems a little less... that's it, a little less... without him. In all the excitement and weirdness of the last few days, there has been an underlying sadness and a reminder that this world is not my home.
"You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on you: because he trusts in you." Isaiah 26:3



No comments: